Monday, November 12, 2007
Fire in the Sky, Fire in my Pants . . .
Last Friday I had a wedding to coordinate at Melbourne Beach. This is a good hour and a half drive for me, so I decided to get a hotel room for Thursday (rehearsal) and Friday night. I talked to Ed about it and we decided to extend the stay one more night and take a mini-vacation. On Saturday, we had a great time at the beach and around historic Melbourne. For dinner we went to the melting pot and afterwards we drove to the edge of the shopping center we were in, hoping to catch a glimpse of the rocket that was being sent into space.

We caught more than a glimpse. It was absolutely beautiful. The sky lights up and you can actually see the rocket as it curves into orbit. Wow!
As we stood there on a grassy hill watching, I was suddenly overcome by an itching, burning, tickling, painful sensation in my legs. I ran over to lean against our car, pulled up my pants legs, and to my horror, saw fire ants crawling on me. Luckily, I was wearing knee high stockings, so I was able to get them off. But I can't even begin to describe the feeling. It was just awful!! Ed drove me to a Walgreens and I got some hydrocortisone cream. That was pretty soothing and helped a lot. My legs looked a little red, but I would survive . . .

As of this morning (2 days later) my legs look like this:

GROSS!!!!!! Painful little pustules are all over my lower legs!! Augh. Thank goodness it's pants season . . .
2 Comments:
Blogger LadyB said...
OMG OUCH. That sucks... I have icky goosebumps just thinking about it.


Funny thing- I just checked this blog like an hour and a half ago...

Blogger Unknown said...
Oh No :( I'm sorry to hear about the fireants. I hope the site of the rocket and the good evening out weighed the bad. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon.