Sunday, October 08, 2006
Going . . . Blonde???
I was getting myself ready in the morning when I noticed something different in my hair. Leaning into the mirror led me to this conclusion: "Oh . . ." "must be my first gray hairs." I really wasn't surprised. My mom was getting gray hairs when she was my age and I'd been waiting for them to show up, knowing it was only a matter of time. Sometimes my family would kid me that I'd never even know if I actually had any grays since I dye my hair so often, but I haven't done anything with my hair since before I got married. My roots are long enough now to know what my true hair color is . . . medium/dark ash brown.

I scoped out my scalp and found about 4 strands and plucked them from my head. But closer inspection gave my quite a surprise. The hairs were not gray. They were blonde. BLONDE!! Out of the many colors I have dyed my hair, the only one that really looked really wrong on me was blonde. And now by some cruel twist of fate my hair is naturally becoming that color? I was almost looking forward to gray . . . anyone who has seen my mom and grandpa knows that hair in my family turns a cool silver color. But BLONDE?!?!


So, I did the only thing I could . . . this natural brunette who's turning blonde is now a faux redhead. Party On Wayne!